Tuesday, March 30, 2010

'The Hills' Stars Call Final Season 'Bittersweet'



While it might be a surprise to viewers that The Hills has decided to hang up its hat, the stars anticipated that, like all good things, this too would come to an end. 

"It's sad! We've been together for so long," Audrina Patridge told MTV News over the weekend. "I'm going to be 25 this year, so that's been my life for the last five years. And it's sad to let go of that, because it's something that I've become so used to, and it's so easy and natural. But at the same time, it's nice to graduate, and I'm ready to move on and do the next big thing."

While Kristin Cavallari's time on the show was considerably shorter than Patridge's, the show's new star said it still isn't easy to say goodbye. "When I found out that this was the last season of 'The Hills,' I was kind of expecting it. I wasn't expecting it before the season actually premiered, though," she said. "It's bittersweet. I think it's kind of time, and everyone's ready to move on and do other things, but it's ... going to be sad."

Like Cavallari, Lo Bosworth appeared on both "Laguna Beach" and "The Hills" and says that seeing the show come to an end is a bit of a strange experience. "We were, I think, anticipating it was going to come to an end, but it's sort of surreal, 'cause this has been our lives," she said. "And to have that change is sort of scary, but we're all really excited."

Stephanie Pratt thinks now is a good time to end the show, since everyone's lives are a lot more settled now than when the show started in May 2006. "I called Lo right after I heard just to see if she knew. ... I pretty much figured it was the last season," she said. "We all have really grown up, and we really don't go to nightclubs every night anymore. We're just, like, more mature. I mean, we still fight with each other, but it's the sixth season. I've never known a reality show to go as far as 'The Hills.' "

Credit: MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment